Can't make it to your GP Practice? No problem.
eConsult is an online service that enables patients to contact their GP Practice for advice by completing an online form. This service is available Monday to Friday (excluding weekends and bank holidays).
After visiting this website, patients are asked a series of questions and if necessary provide information relating to their condtion / query. Once completed, the patient can then submit the form and wait to be contacted. A response can often be same day or before the end of the next working day.
Note: you can request advice either for yourself or for someone you care for (from the age of 6 weeks and above).
This is how it works
1. Choose a topic based on your request, either 'I want help for my condition', 'I want general advice', 'I want administrative help' or 'I want help for my child'
2. Choose a category that your condition or request for advice comes under, from a large list of medical conditions.
3. Complete a simple form about your problem or request.
4. Your GPs decide on the best treatment for you.
5. The practice can respond with either advice, a prescription, a sicknote or an appointment.
Follow the link below to access eConsult or click the eConsult image on the right...