Telephone system changes
We have recently updated the prompts on our phone system. When contacting the surgery on 01745 350680, following the language choices and introduction message, please listen carefully to our updated prompts:
Press 0 for COVID 19 Vaccination bookings
Press 1 for appointments, general enquiries and test results (available between 10am and 4pm)
Press 2 for prescription enquiries
Press 3 for hospital referrals and medical insurance enquiries.
Out Of Hours number change
For more information, please visit the following links:
Covid-19 Pfizer Vaccination appointments
NHS Covid-19 Travel Pass
Patients who are registered with a GP in Wales will now be able to obtain their vaccination status via the digital NHS COVID Pass, after they have verified their identity by signing up for an NHS log in.
For more details, visit the Welsh Government website here: Get the NHS COVID Pass to show your vaccination status for travel | GOV.WALES
Please DO NOT contact the surgery for a Vaccination Certificate for Travel as we will not be able to issue these.
Fluid Resistant Face Masks
In keeping with the Infection Prevention and Control National Guidance regarding the wearing of Personal Protective Equipment, all patients are encouraged and supported to wear a facemask.
Our team will ask you to wear a clean fluid resistant face mask upon attending the surgery. One will be provided if necessary.
- Coronavirus / COVID-19 Information & Clinical Trials
- PRINCIPLE Patient recruitment poster - English.pdf
- PRINCIPLE Patient recruitment poster - Welsh.pdf
- COVID-19 - Spike-1 Trial
- COVID 19 - Guide for parents
- Privacy Notice for Covid-19.pdf
- Macmillan We're Here to Help - English.pdf
- Macmillan We're Here to Help - Welsh.pdf
Join a COVID-19 clinical trial
The PRINCIPLE trial aims to find treatments that reduce hospital admission and improve symptoms for people with COVID-19. You could be eligible to join if
You have had these symptoms for fewer than 15 days:
- New continuous cough or high temperature or a loss of, or change in, normal sense of taste or smell
- OR have a positive test for SARS-Co-V2 infection with COVID-19 symptoms in the past 14 days
- You are aged 65 and above
- OR 18-64 and experiencing shortness of breath as part of COVID-19 illness
- OR 18-64 with certain underlying health
Find out more: http://www.principletrial.org
GPDPR Data Collection in England
It has come to our attention that a number of Practices are receiving communications from patients noting their ‘Dissent from secondary use of GP patient identifiable data’ either via a letter, email or verbally. This is following a notice for NHS Digital in England for daily data collection under General Practice Data for Planning and Research (GPDPR) service.
We would like to inform our patients that this data service does not presently apply to General Practice’s in Wales and is specifically for those Practices providing contracted services to English residents within England.
Astra Zeneca information
To reassure patients about the safety of the Astra Zeneca vaccination, we advise visiting the website below. This will help patients make an informed decision with regards to their Covid-19 vaccination.
Phone Lines admin period
Phone Lines: Starting 17 March 2021 surgery staff will be focusing on administrative tasks between 12pm and 2pm. This means calls may not be answered as quickly as usual between these times.
In the case of an EMERGENCY ONLY please ring 01745 350980.
The national longitudinal study is aiming to understand how the ongoing coronavirus pandemic has impacted on the mental health and emotional wellbeing of people across Wales.
For more information and to access a quick survey, please follow the link below:
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Novel Coronavirus Update
If you feel you have symptoms relating to Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19), please do not attend the surgery. Contact 119 where you will be advised over the phone and asked to get a swab done if necessary.
For people who are currently isolating with symptoms or have confirmed COVID diagnosis:
- If your symptoms do not improve after 7 days;
- Or if you experience vomiting;
- Or if you experience breathlessness;
- Or if you are fatigued and can no longer perform your normal daily activities;
- Then don’t leave it too late, contact 119 or your GP.
Alternatively, you can check your symptoms on the following website by clicking HERE.
Please also see below for up-to-date information...
Anticipatory COPD and Asthma Rescue packs
Inaccurate information circulating regarding special ‘rescue packs’ for patients with pre-existing respiratory conditions
- We have been made aware of some inaccurate information circulating regarding special ‘rescue packs’ for patients with pre-existing respiratory conditions such as asthma or chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD).
- Please do not contact the practice for a rescue pack. You should continue to manage your condition in the usual way and if you feel you have symptoms of COVID-19, visit NHS Direct to check your symptoms before doing anything else.
- For patients with pre-existing respiratory conditions such as asthma or chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD).
The surgery will NOT be providing exemption letters for the wearing of face coverings. Please follow the guidance set out on the government website: https://gov.wales/face-coverings-guidance-public
Welcome to Clarence Medical Centre
The doctors and staff at Clarence Medical Centre in Rhyl offer the highest standard of patient-centred healthcare.
We run many clinics for the management of chronic diseases such as asthma and diabetes and offer a wide variety of other medical services including antenatal and postnatal care, minor surgery, contraception, childhood vaccinations, and travel vaccinations.
Latest practice updates: click HERE
(includes our Facebook feed as well as latest dates for Minor Illness clinics in the area)
Downloads & Leaflets: Click HERE
(includes useful information and form downloads such as Physio Self-referral).
My Health Online
Wish to order your repeat prescriptions online?
Please contact the surgery and ask a receptionist to sign you up.