Phone Lines: Starting 17 March 2021 the surgery phone lines will be closed between 12pm and 2pm. This is to enable the team to focus on admin during these busy times.
In the case of an EMERGENCY ONLY please ring 01745 350980.
COVID 19 Vaccination shortage
As you will have seen in the media, there is currently a supply shortage of first doses of the vaccine. We are working hard to obtain more vaccinations, although currently we only have a limited number available.
Please keep an eye on our Facebook page and here for updates.
COVID-19 Vaccinations update
You may have noticed that Ty Elan Surgery is open at certain times. Please be advised that we are using that Surgery as a base for our Covid vaccination clinics. Please do not try to gain entry to the Surgery unless you have been invited for a Covid vaccination. All appointments and queries should still be made via Clarence Medical Centre on 01745 350680.
We are currently only contacting patients in line with Welsh Government guidelines. Unless requested to do so, please do not call the surgery as the supply of the vaccine is currently limited. We expect this to improve in the weeks ahead.
Note: If you are over 50 or considered clinicially extremely vulnerable and have still not had your vaccination, please contact us on 01745 350680. Choose option 0 for our dedicated Covid Vaccination line.
For more information about the vaccination programme, please visit: COVID 19 Vaccination (patient information) - Public Health Wales
Cabs For Jabs
A local Taxi firm here in Rhyl has started offering a free service, aimed at the elderly or vulnerable where people can hire cabs for trips to GP surgeries and Vaccination Centres based in Rhyl / Rhuddlan / Kinmel Bay for their COVID-19 Vaccination.
If interested they currently have a 'go fund me' page set up where you can give donations to aid the service and help those in the local community who can't easily get to their appointments. See link below:
COVID-19 vaccine information
In time, every eligible adult will be contacted to be offered the vaccine. There are small quantities of the vaccine available at present, though this will increase in the coming weeks. Vaccination is starting with the groups most at risk of serious illness or death from COVID-19, together with front line health and social care workers.
Why do I have to wait?:
Eligibility for the vaccine:
The national longitudinal study is aiming to understand how the ongoing coronavirus pandemic has impacted on the mental health and emotional wellbeing of people across Wales.
For more information and to access a quick survey, please follow the link below:
COVID-19 Shielding update
As you may be aware, the Welsh Government has recently issued a statement regarding shielding. Those patients who were asked to previously shield have now been given new advice. To learn more please follow the link below:
Flu Season is upon us...
Have you booked your flu appointment yet? If you are over 65, or are eligible for a vaccination, please contact the surgery to arrange your flu appointment between these times: 10am - 12pm or 2pm - 4:30 pm either via My Health Online or by phoning 01745 350680.
- Coronavirus / COVID-19 Information & Clinical Trials
- PRINCIPLE Patient recruitment poster - English.pdf
- PRINCIPLE Patient recruitment poster - Welsh.pdf
- COVID-19 - Spike-1 Trial
- COVID 19 - Guide for parents
- Privacy Notice for Covid-19.pdf
- Macmillan We're Here to Help - English.pdf
- Macmillan We're Here to Help - Welsh.pdf
Join a COVID-19 clinical trial
The PRINCIPLE trial aims to find treatments that reduce hospital admission and improve symptoms for people with COVID-19. You could be eligible to join if
You have had these symptoms for fewer than 15 days:
- New continuous cough or high temperature or a loss of, or change in, normal sense of taste or smell
- OR have a positive test for SARS-Co-V2 infection with COVID-19 symptoms in the past 14 days
- You are aged 65 and above
- OR 18-64 and experiencing shortness of breath as part of COVID-19 illness
- OR 18-64 with certain underlying health
Find out more: http://www.principletrial.org
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Novel Coronavirus Update
If you feel you have symptoms relating to Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19), please do not attend the surgery. Contact 119 where you will be advised over the phone and asked to get a swab done if necessary.
For people who are currently isolating with symptoms or have confirmed COVID diagnosis:
- If your symptoms do not improve after 7 days;
- Or if you experience vomiting;
- Or if you experience breathlessness;
- Or if you are fatigued and can no longer perform your normal daily activities;
- Then don’t leave it too late, contact 119 or your GP.
Alternatively, you can check your symptoms on the following website by clicking HERE.
Please also see below for up-to-date information...
INR Testing & Flu Vaccination porta-cabin
You may notice a porta-cabin by the surgery rear gate. Please be aware that this is not a COVID-19 testing centre. It is in situ for our practice patients that are having INR testing done, or attending for a Flu Vaccination. This service is for patients that will attend by appointment only.
Please do not approach this cabin to try and speak to surgery staff. If you require contact with the surgery please ring 01745 350680.
Anticipatory COPD and Asthma Rescue packs
Inaccurate information circulating regarding special ‘rescue packs’ for patients with pre-existing respiratory conditions
- We have been made aware of some inaccurate information circulating regarding special ‘rescue packs’ for patients with pre-existing respiratory conditions such as asthma or chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD).
- Please do not contact the practice for a rescue pack. You should continue to manage your condition in the usual way and if you feel you have symptoms of COVID-19, visit NHS Direct to check your symptoms before doing anything else.
- For patients with pre-existing respiratory conditions such as asthma or chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD).
The surgery will NOT be providing exemption letters for the wearing of face coverings. Please follow the guidance set out on the government website: https://gov.wales/face-coverings-guidance-public
Welcome to Clarence Medical Centre
The doctors and staff at Clarence Medical Centre in Rhyl offer the highest standard of patient-centred healthcare.
We run many clinics for the management of chronic diseases such as asthma and diabetes and offer a wide variety of other medical services including antenatal and postnatal care, minor surgery, contraception, childhood vaccinations, and travel vaccinations.
Latest practice updates: click HERE
(includes our Facebook feed as well as latest dates for Minor Illness clinics in the area)
Downloads & Leaflets: Click HERE
(includes useful information and form downloads such as Physio Self-referral).
My Health Online
Wish to order your repeat prescriptions online?
Please contact the surgery and ask a receptionist to sign you up.