Information regarding COVID-19 vaccination programme
GP practices have been informed that the Health Board will be leading on the covid -19 vaccination programme. The BCUHB plan is that initially GP practices and pharmacies will not be called upon as the first point of delivery for the programme, nor will they be responsible for arranging vaccination appointments. The arrangement for appointments will be organised by BCUHB. There is no need for patients to get in touch about appointments as there will be a central appointment system using the Government stratification criteria.
As the vaccination programme develops, there may be the need to offer Primary Care an opportunity to contribute to the programme.
Flu Season is upon us...
Have you booked your flu appointment yet? If you are over 65, or are eligible for a vaccination, please contact the surgery to arrange your flu appointment between these times: 10am - 12pm or 2pm - 4:30 pm either via My Health Online or by phoning 01745 350680.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Novel Coronavirus Update
If you feel you have symptoms relating to Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19), please do not attend the surgery. Contact 119 where you will be advised over the phone and asked to get a swab done if necessary.
For people who are currently isolating with symptoms or have confirmed COVID diagnosis:
- If your symptoms do not improve after 7 days;
- Or if you experience vomiting;
- Or if you experience breathlessness;
- Or if you are fatigued and can no longer perform your normal daily activities;
- Then don’t leave it too late, contact 119 or your GP.
Alternatively, you can check your symptoms on the following website by clicking HERE.
Please also see below for up-to-date information...
INR Testing & Flu Vaccination porta-cabin
You may notice a porta-cabin by the surgery rear gate. Please be aware that this is not a COVID-19 testing centre. It is in situ for our practice patients that are having INR testing done, or attending for a Flu Vaccination. This service is for patients that will attend by appointment only.
Please do not approach this cabin to try and speak to surgery staff. If you require contact with the surgery please ring 01745 350680.
Anticipatory COPD and Asthma Rescue packs
Inaccurate information circulating regarding special ‘rescue packs’ for patients with pre-existing respiratory conditions
- We have been made aware of some inaccurate information circulating regarding special ‘rescue packs’ for patients with pre-existing respiratory conditions such as asthma or chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD).
- Please do not contact the practice for a rescue pack. You should continue to manage your condition in the usual way and if you feel you have symptoms of COVID-19, visit NHS Direct to check your symptoms before doing anything else.
- For patients with pre-existing respiratory conditions such as asthma or chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD).
The surgery will NOT be providing exemption letters for the wearing of face coverings. Please follow the guidance set out on the government website: https://gov.wales/face-coverings-guidance-public
COVID-19 Clinical trials
Are you interesting in joining a COVID-19 clinical trial?
The PRINCIPLE trial aims to find treatments that reduce hospital admission and improve symptoms for people with COVID-19. You could be eligible to join if:
- You have had these symptoms for fewer than 15 days:
- a continuous new or worsening cough
- and/or a high temperature
- OR have a positive test for SARS-Co-V2 infection with COVID-19 symptoms in the past 14 days
- You are aged 50 to 64 with a pre-existing illness
- You are aged 65 and above
Find out more here: https://www.phctrials.ox.ac.uk/principle-trial
Welcome to Clarence Medical Centre
The doctors and staff at Clarence Medical Centre in Rhyl offer the highest standard of patient-centred healthcare.
We run many clinics for the management of chronic diseases such as asthma and diabetes and offer a wide variety of other medical services including antenatal and postnatal care, minor surgery, contraception, childhood vaccinations, and travel vaccinations.
Latest practice updates: click HERE
(includes our Facebook feed as well as latest dates for Minor Illness clinics in the area)
Downloads & Leaflets: Click HERE
(includes useful information and form downloads such as Physio Self-referral).
My Health Online
Wish to order your repeat prescriptions online?
Please contact the surgery and ask a receptionist to sign you up.